Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Tue blue

People usually have Mon blue, but I think I am having Tue blue....just don't feel like doing anything today...not even writing blog.

Taught three students today... The new student made me wait and I didn't even get paid. The student claimed that he was not told he has a lesson, and the mom kept on asking me on the phone if I wanted to wait. What could I do except waiting when I had two more students in the same area afterwards? Is it my problem that the kid was not home on time? I just don't get how one should deal with irresponsible parents....oh well....not like this is the 1st one I see.

The new kid actually seems like an ok kid to teach. I don't know if he is really gonna practice though, cuz he kept on moving during lesson and told me he dances when I asked. I feel that he is probably more into dancing than playing violin. Oh well....not that many kids want to practice anyway...It's probably wise for them not to practice and try to make a career as a musician...otherwise they will also turn out to be depressing starving musicians.

James had been behaving quite well for the past two weeks. I guess he knows I don't want to teach him but I am still trying to help. He was patient enough to practice this one phrase with me for about 15 min. I have to say I was pretty proud of him for trying no matter the result.

Teaching music is really quite depressing at times. You either bump into kids who try so hard but has no talent, or kids who are talented and not trying at all. Ok..fine...it's just Tue blue...not like I don't know how this world sucks...should just get used to it...

Oh....by the way....Hui-Ling jie came to visit today. It somehow irritates me when she always thinks everything around me is great. I don't think denying problems in life would make life better, but some people apparently think by saying everything is great everything would be great. It's also not like she doesn't know my problems in life...It perplexes me. Oh well...everyone is diff. I guess....and remember I am having Tue Blue anyway?...Maybe it's all from Rosemary's message this morning asking who can pick her up at the airport....How would I know really?

No comments: