Monday, March 17, 2008

2nd and 3rd days of our DC trip....

We obviously got too tired from the 1st day so as time passes our photos got less and worse in quality. It's interesting how that always happens with our trips. I think next time we just have to do less in the 1st day so things get balanced out. :p


We started our 2nd day of the trip by going through museums which we passed by in the 1st day. The Smithsonian castle looks pretty cool and is the most obvious landmark if you are walking through the National Mall. (Yeah....there is really no mall....just whole bunch of museums. I guess you can shop in the gift stores if you want....hahaha)

This is inside of the Smithsonian castle (the information center really). I have no idea why they would want to put his remains in there....kinda disgusting....

Billy did a good job taking my pic pushing the monument....apparently I was not able to budge it at all....lol

The cherry blossom festival is supposed to be next week. Since we were there early we didn't get to see too much....but here is a little taste of it.

We went to the air and space museum and I just thought I needed to take a photo of the space ice cream for Ivan since he remembers everything he ate....Can you believe we found the big M there too? It's actually hard to find McDonald's in DC area...




This is as close as we got to the Capital. I was just too lazy to walk over there. Maybe next time then :)

At the National Art Gallery....right between the two buildings.

End of our 2nd day journey my friend Angela abducted us to her house from downtown DC. She lives in Virginia so we had to ride for around 1 hour to get to her house and meet up with her hubby and baby. I forgot to take a photo of Steven, but here is their daughter who is almost 2. She wasn't even married when I met her many years back through one tour. Their kid has a very interesting face that she puts on whenever she prays....I have no idea why she does not look like either of her parents. I had crab cakes for dinner once again and it was pretty good....

Took a photo of the hotel we stayed at for this trip before we left. It's called "Washington Court Hotel" near Union Station and right on Capital Hills in case any one of you guys are interested.

Last day of the trip we didn't go to that many places. We kinda took it easy by waking up late, eating breakfast at Union Station, went to Spy Museum (which was the only museum that we paid for the whole trip....and it was BORING!!!!!), and then Smithsonian Reynold Center. We actually finished all that before 3 pm and our flight was 8:40. After all our rides with metro and bus we still got to the airport three hours before the ride!!!!

This is at the Smithsonian Reynold Center where they had some American contemporary art. I think the wooden horse was trying to eat Billy alive...lol

I think the glass garden was the only thing I was impressed with at the Reynold Center.

China Town in DC really looked kinda weird....It's a lot of American stores which Chinese signs on them.

One last sight of Union Station before we headed to the airport back home.

This is what happened to my shoes after the trip....just to show you how much we walked...lol

No comments: