Friday, March 21, 2008

Wisdom?

I finally finished reading Psalms and now is on Proverbs for my daily reading. In the material I was reading, there was this interesting definition given on wisdom by Charles Swindoll. He said wisdom is "the God given ability to see life with rare objectivity and to handle life with rare stability". Now....how deep is that?

It sometimes becomes amusing when I watch people "subjectively" think how objective they are. It's truly hard to make people use their brains and think in this age. People are so full of information collected from the internet and media, which did not get filtered or corrected whatsoever. Everyone tends to think whatever one has in the self-centered brain must be the ultimate truth to issues. Objectivity? very hard to obtain indeed.....

Stability gets even more rare in this fast pace world. Economy can collapse any time, marriages can be damaged by various means, friendships vanished with diff. reasons, and even new religions appear in this world nowadays!!! I guess to stay faithful on people/things gets harder and harder everyday, and nothing really stays unless it's "God-given?" Yes....there is doubt in me, and yet God must of put some weird stuff in me so I am still hanging around?

To handle life with stability is for sure not my forte. I get bored with almost everything when I do it long enough. I vaguely remember writing a self description somewhere as "the only thing that does not change about me is how I change all the time". Does that count as being stable? since the trend has been quite consistent?

Wisdom.....surely something that is difficult to own. Did King Solomon live better and happier when he became the wisest person on earth? hahaha....you know the answer if you read the bible....

1 comment:

Billy said...

Wisdom can be gain from experience. It can even be other people's experiences too! We all can learn from our mistakes... and perhaps other people's mistakes.

Those who can learn are wise, those who insist on repeating mistakes are fools. Simple as that! ;)

But as Solomon said, whether we're wise or foolish, we all inevitably suffer the same fate. That's not intended to encourage folks to be fools, but to encourage people to not only be wise, but also to remember God!

To forget about God is the single biggest foolish thing one can ever do. All the wisdom of the world will not be able to help out of this single foolish act.