Thursday, March 20, 2008

What do you see ?

I was reading an article written by Ivan with his political views...and I have to say I was quite impressed with his logics whenever it comes to issues he is interested in. It almost felt like the writing style and the way he presents his thoughts can change completely compared to his normal everyday writings. I have a weird bro indeed....not really sure why he was all into politics ever since he was in elementary school....hum....(but I guess I am still quite proud of him to some extend :p)

I have to admit racial issues are very difficult to deal with. You can never really explain your points of view to people who just didn't grow up in the same environment. I don't even bother to communicate with Wai-Sheng people if I don't have to....(just because I basically know what they think and I don't see a point trying to convince them of anything.) You rarely find people who are willing to dig deep and understand the opponent's thinking / culture based on backgrounds which they don't agree with....(and seriously that is why it gets tiring/irritating when people discuss things which they don't really have a thorough investigation/understanding with.) I guess media nowadays play a big role of mixing/messing with information as well. Nobody is truly sure of anything if you ask for my opinion....

My student's parent was asking me if the Green would at least win in the south. (How would I know really?) She told me many people from her fellowship went back to TW just to vote. I was amused about it cuz it's coming from the Taiwanese congregation, and I couldn't help wonder how many of the Wai-sheng people went back to vote for the blue as well. I seriously don't get people who do not consider their own country a country. I don't know why they would not just move back to China since China seems to welcome them nicely....(If China really means what they say that is...) If returning to the roots means so much then I guess all of them should immigrate back to China. If a leader of one country considers his own country a part of greater authority, then why does he even bother to get elected as the president? so he can show his pretty face whenever there is a conference?

I guess the blue will still win this time since most of the TW people cannot look beyond the 8 years which all people had to suffer due to the drastic change in political parties. It's just human to only see things that is right in front of us. After all most of us can't even think beyond lunch....When the economy is bad, everything is bad....not sure how many people can look at it as an opportunity to invest when everything is at the bottom...even when Pastor Jim is talking about it every Sun. We are just humans...kinda depressing but nonetheless true.....

4 comments:

Billy said...

People just have to learn to see and focus more on Jesus instead of seeing green or blue or whatever color. Japanese, Korean, Taiwanese... all came from China anyways. Where do people in China came from?

From Noah's Ark!!!! ;)

Focusing on our differences won't help anything. Taiwanese govt will continue to change color... from green to blue to green... fact is that KMT sucks. Another fact is that DPP also suck just as bad when they attained power.

We're all only human and fall short of God's glory. Yes, by focusing on only humans, it can get kinda depressing, but luckily we have hope in Christ! :)

Funky Thistle said...

Yeah...yeah....too bad the ideal world does not exist on earth...

Anonymous said...

馬先生就算選上了 台灣必定陷入罪惡

因為他藐視基督徒 得罪了神

他甚至被異端教會中央教會推舉為頭目且他欣然接受

並且於去年三月宣稱聖靈感動於台北靈糧堂受了洗

如經他一再強調自己不是基督徒

anyway

一艘船的領航員 若是航向一再變動 終究迷航

有如一個領導者立場反覆 終就亡國

Hope God can forgive Taiwanese again .

Billy said...

Yes, when King David screwed up, he sure caused his nation a lot of trouble. The lousy Jewish kings eventually did cause judgement and destruction of Israel. But indeed God is a forgiving and merciful God... and as long as we repent, God will relent... and forgive. This is how Israel managed to come back again and again after being destroyed.

Does Taiwan belong to God? Will it really be "evergreen"?

Well, that all depends on the leaders of Taiwan and the people of Taiwan. Whether "little Ma brother" really becomes president or not, it's not all that important to me. I do hope that he can truly be born again someday and really be a "brother" of ours. Same goes for Mr. Hsieh too! ;)