Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Restart

May 1st, time to restart my blog which was stopped for a week or so. For those of you smart enough to look elsewhere, you would still know I was alive....

I have been looking at Scott's pictures for few days now. Sometimes I just couldn't help envying how many places he traveled through. I think currently he is at Holland or something. It sure feels awesome to be free and traveling in Europe. I guess one would never realize how great freedom is until you lose it.

Every thing is relative really. I just taught 4 students last night cuz of auditions coming up for the kids. I used to think I would die teaching 3 students a day, but today I feel 3 is not too bad a number after I tried 4. It all depends on what students you put in one day too though...if you put the crappy ones all together, even two would kill you. (Having that in mind I would still stick with 3/day...maybe 4-5 days/ week if possible)

Katty moved out on Sun, but came back to visit last night. It's funny how she misses Hades, and even more funny that I started missing her this morning. Feeling is a weird thing. I don't even hang out with Katty that much at all, but then having her around was kinda nice. I am glad when I got home last night Billy was around, or else I might feel a little empty when the apart is empty. I wonder how Hades deals with it when nobody is home.

Minghuan wrote me a message on Friendster yesterday. It felt kinda odd to get a note from her saying she misses me. I mean....she was always that China girl who I looked up to and compete with while I was in high school. She was always the 1st pet of Julia and I was always the 2nd one....(not exactly a pet like she was, but I always knew Julia loved my talent and my brain.) I guess the only difference is that she was always very good at violin and I was good at almost everything....(wahahahahha.....there we go again...too proud of my juices up in the head. Thanks dad and mom....hehehehe....but because of this I never learned to concentrate on anything....guess that is the down side...)

I still remember how I always get very encouraged and inspired by Minghuan's playing and wanted to practice just so someday I would play as good. (I never practice as much as she did though....I think if I did the same hours I would die...) I think competition was probably the only thing that kept me going in music. I guess when there is no goal and direction in life I just lose my interest in everything....just like when she graduated I was a bit lost having nobody around to compete with.

I heard that Minghuan married a doctor. (...like all musicians must marry a doctor....it's the formula which goes around in the classical music circle.) People always get amazed when a musician settles down, and I was a little bit shocked about her marriage as well. (I think she got married two years ago? not even sure) She said she is still trying to play the violin....I guess "trying" was never my case...I "played" the violin (no matter how good or bad), and now I don't. hahahaha...

I found a CD which was recorded in my sophomore recital while I was cleaning up stuff from the shelf. I didn't have the courage to listen but then was quite fascinated by the memory of how much I practiced during those good old times. If I thought about how being a musician does not guarantee a good career by then, I probably would of change my major or something. I guess people are always once a fool when they were young....

Ok...too much memory talks....making me feel like I am an old man.

No comments: