Friday, October 12, 2007

Friends forever?

Minghuan from my violin studio back at Interlochen hooked me up with facebook few months ago, and told me to hook up with some other people yesterday. I was looking through her friends on the list, and was amazed that she has at least 4-5 people on her list from Interlochen. Jing the pianist left me a message right after I added her on, and was really surprised that I got married....

Well..I guess I never appeared to people that I am the "marriage type" of person...(I myself don't even know if I am really :p)....but well...I am married....end of story....Jing actually stayed at Santa Barbara for the whole summer and we just missed the chance to meet. (She asked me when I got married....so I guess she would probably love to come if she knew it was in July.)

Jing is listed as married with this cute guy...(looks European to me, but probably just grew up in NY). I was trying to remember her relationships back in high school, but had no recollection of anything in my brain. I think she always liked white people though...I am really losing memory cuz I didn't even remember one of the cellist back when I was in USC is actually Jing's cousin....Didn't remember that AT ALL until I saw messages of the cellist left on Jing's facebook....

The one person who surprised me the most when I was looking over Minghuan's friend list was Hong. Hong is this pianist from China who dated a pianist from TW when we were in school. The broke up and got back together in high school, and then both went to NY. I saw Hong's profile picture with the two of them together and was super amazed that they are probably still together. If they are indeed in a relationship now, it would be like a over- 15 years relationship by now?!!!!! I just can't believe it......Gosh....People can be stable sometimes....even musicians....

Well....what did I learn from this whole facebook episode? What I learned was "people are really diff!!!!!!!". There are people who keep in touch with everyone passing by in their lives, and there are people who can stay in the same relationship like FOREVER!!!!! Man....those people really exist!!!!! very hard for someone like me to understand....:p

No comments: