Wednesday, October 31, 2007

My Korean friends...

I was chatting with a Korean friend (Miriam) back from high school last night, and got so amused by what she remembered of me. She was telling me how I got so frustrated with a guy (Steven who played trombone, thinks himself very cool all the time, and insisted that he was my twin for some reason) in my math group I almost cried for my very 1st time at Interlochen.... according to Miriam, she was able to save my 1st cry with a pack of Korean ramen noodle. LOL....

Miriam told me she used to live in the room right across from my room....which I completely don't remember at all. I used to have a Korean roommate (Min Kyun) for years, and Miriam told me that Min moved back to Korea also. Miriam went back to Korea right after high school because she decided to stop playing piano (good choice girl...) and Min went back cuz both of her parents died and she couldn't finish her study in the states.

Miriam ended up as a computer programmer and married another programmer who works at Samsung now. Min also married around 3 years ago and has a kid about 1 year old now. Somehow all the Korean people who went to Interlochen are all back in touch and most of them back in Korea. I would never thought that kinda thing would happen cuz all of them used to fight all the time....even Miriam was making fun of that too...oh....and most of them were drinkers & smokers at school....I am so proud of myself not getting affected what so ever by them....

Speaking of that...I wonder why most Korean people are drinkers. Eddie used to drink a lot with Theo too. I think that is how they jacked up their livers. I just noticed that I tend to have Korean friends in the states. That is kinda odd cuz I don't particularly like Korean stuff all that much....even the Korean dramas on TV don't attract me much....maybe I should take a trip and go visit my Korean friends when I get a chance....It would be fun to go somewhere I don't really have that much interest with....lol...

No comments: