Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Ice cream at night

Couldn't really sleep.....got up...and then wrote on my msn blog which I didn't touch ever since April. Still couldn't sleep after the long writing....went to get ice cream and started eating. Eating ice cream 2 in the morning is probably not the best thing to do for health reasons...but what importance is health when one can't even figure out what to do with life really? at least it's a new kinda experience anyway.....King Solomon probably has been living in me before I knew it. (yeah...jumping of topic here since I feel everything is so empty...) I wonder if he regretted on things he did. I wonder if he ever regretted asking for wisdom? at least he asked for it right? so he has to be responsible for having it? Maybe wisdom should not be the thing he asked for, but he should ask to be like his father King David...someone who does not think but feel? If everything is so meaningless then what the heck are we striving for in life really? I guess my long writing on MSN does not really help to slow and calm my brain down. The ice cream is not exactly working either...other than getting me colder than I already am. I guess I should sleep since it's almost 2:30.....

1 comment:

Billy said...

Wisdom or whatever gift... isn't really a bad thing. It's how you use it. Solomon's point was that if we use our gifts or resources on anything else other than what God wants us to do, then it'd all be in vain in the end.

Solomon spent more time building his own palace than God's temple. I think based on that, it's pretty clear where his spent most of his resources on... especially during his later years. It's only natural that he later on felt like he wasted his efforts.

I think the moral of the story is that whenever we do things, don't just do it for money because you need it, don't just do it for me because it's your wifely duty, don't even do it for yourself or anybody else, but just try your best to do it out of love for God and for others.