Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Sound matters....

I have noticed how certain ways of talking annoys me....(especially with guys)....We were watching TV last night and this guy who talked in this "臭屁" style just got on my nerves. (Billy was wondering how but I don't think he would understand it cuz the guy might not appear all that 臭屁 to him) It's the same kinda feeling with that Akai Rice guy on the TV with all the Akai commercials. I either mute the TV or just turn off the TV whenever the commercial is on....

Recently there is a long chiropractic commercial added to the Chinese channel too. The chiropractor goes to church at EFCLA I think... cuz PC used to go to him for treatments. (PC is good at picking people who I don't like to treat him or do stuff for him....very interesting discovery....and he seems to work better with those people too....八字不合 it must be :p....)I don't think I will ever go see the chiropractor no matter how advanced his equipments are... just because his voice sounds like a duck which is having a cold.

I guess I am kinda hard to please with sounds. I don't really think there is any particular reasons for stuff that I don't like.....For example, I hate the voice of that girl called "黃美珍" from 星光大道 cuz I have no idea what "power" those judges are talking about.....to me it's just some sort of unpleasant yelling with no styles. It's kinda interesting though cuz I am not someone with a particularly nice voice or anything....I think the problem is with my ears...

I still remember how 張清芳's voice would always get me a headache whenever I hear it while Chih-Lin plays her CDs. It's just like how certain noises from the TV, lights, electronics, etc, would cause my head to hurt for the whole night. I wonder how sound engineers stand all the massive noises that they have to go through whenever they work. No wonder Jacob tells me that he is getting deaf after so many years....It would be ironic if a sound engineer is actually hearing impaired....unfortunately many of the TW ones are...hahaha....

No comments: