Monday, November 26, 2007

blah blah blah.....

Thanksgiving kinda went by fast. We didn't do much at all other than non-stop eating....I almost reached my weight limit by last night cuz we went to celebrate Chih-Lin's BD at Pasadena. Lillian was with us again. She is taking her three week vacation here in the states...it jus sounds really nice to me since I am dying for a vacation too...

The best part of Thanksgving was the "no teaching" part. It felt great not to see any students for 4 days. Billy also got a grill thingy so now we can cook Korean BBQ and basically "better than Ihop quality" breakfast at home. I think given enough time he will probably be able to make any kinda food at home if he puts his mind to it.....

We also got a sheep skin from Ikea which Billy thought would be comfortable for Hades to sleep on since it's sofe and warm. I don't think Hades likes it at all cuz he refuses to get close to it. He probably thinks the skin is like sheep corpse or something....scary to him I guess. We are gonna try to sit on it and put clothes on it so the skin may smell like us....hopefully Hades will grow to like it so the money is not wasted....

Celebration for Chih-Lin's BD was one excuse we used to get together. We accidentally found this nice drink/desert place which had nice bossa nova jazz going on in Pasadea. It's been a long time since we last went to any place for a drink really. I guess everyone just gets busier and busier as we go older. Nobody really hangs out for the heck of it any more...kinda sad...anyway....will post some photos of the place later on when I get my mackie back I guess...

My day today started with a stupid doctor's appt again. I went to get my pap test and the doc was late for 45 min. I can never understand why doctors go to the clinics at 9:45 when they try to schedule people at 9...The test took like 3 mins and I was the 1st patient there by 9....when I was done it was like 9:50 already...so much for being on time....

I finished teaching Tiffany in the morning since they had no school today (yeah lucky kids...) and in the afternoon I went to the mall snice I was so excited to have my 1st completely free afternoon during weekdays in a long time.....I spent 2 hours walking around looking for something to buy since I haven't really bought anything cool in a long time too (yeah we always buy food and go to either Ikea or Target....go figure....).....and.....I.....found......NOTHING at all !!!!!!!

I might just went to the wrong place at the wrong time cuz there was really nothing worth buying. No wonder everyone was complaining how the big Thanksgiving sale was kinda disappointing...or maybe I am just getting more picky on stuff nowadays....the older you get...the harder to deal with....yeah....anyway...I am sitting here eating our home made cookies and staring at the computer screen....there will be another doc's appt tomorrow morning to look over my blood test results.....I hate looking sleep over doc's appt.....sighs....

No comments: