Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Old time friends....

Went to dinner with Pei last night cuz her group is traveling in LA for ministry tour. It was kinda interesting to catch up and listen to updates of her life. She will be quitting her full time position end of this year to go to Dallas seminary....(which I think is super courageous at her age)...well....at least some people want to be fully equipped before they speak on the stages or do anything....just great really...

It was interesting to hear how she thinks praise and worship events are no longer the hot thing in Chinese world now. (Well....I am not surprised at all....I mean....why would non-believers want to come to praise and worship events when all people sing are praise and worship songs which they don't relate to?) Music is for sure a good tool to attract people, but what are the ministries focusing on? what is their target really when they host those events? to promote products? to help people who are already Christians? To do one concert and leave so no relationships are built? purposes become kinda confusing really....

It's great that Pei's ministry has a full time pastor taking care of the staff and watch over their spiritual growth. I guess that is why they are able to go on for this long with that many people, and whoever worked at my previous two works just eventually die spiritually if not physically. Oh well...there are things not everyone can do.....and there is no point talking about it since it's really none of my business now. Just hope everything will go great with Pei and when she finishes school someday she will be able to minister people as she wishes (or as God wants her to.... in a more spiritual way of saying it)...

We were also talking about my "big sister big" Eva in TW who works in Heavenly Melody. I don't think this name crossed my mind that much for the past year since I didn't see her for a long time. I was so grateful that she was willing to help me record two songs for HI while she was about to fly to Indonesia or something....I think she was a huge factor why the Taiwanese album got nominated for Golden Melody award. Anyway....all the old stuff....the point is... I didn't really get to thank her personally after the recording since I am still stuck here and she never came to LA again all this time.

I woke up this morning thinking about my 大姐大 Eva while I washed my face. I thought I should probably e-mail her and ask how she is doing since her husband works in China and her kid is studying in a foreign country too...so I opened up my laptop ready to write her....and then saw an e-mail from her in my mailbox !!!!!!!!! How amazing is that? Can't believe that non-blood-related sisters can have 6th sense like this....lol....Things like this really warms up my heart. I guess old time friends (the real ones) still means a lot....

No comments: