Saturday, November 10, 2007

Canker Cover....

My Canker sore got really really bad this time and I was in pain teaching students on Thurs. Billy called when he was coming back home and asked me if I wanted some coconut juice to make the sore feel better....So I had a big coconut with sweet and icy juice Thurs night. It probably helped...very little....

I started researching on line to see what are the reasons to cause canker sores cuz I was getting very irritated by it. Apparently there are no definite causes, but there are enough speculations....According to stuff I read, stress, lack of sleep, eating hot spicy food, bad immune system, wheat intake (yeah....this is very interesting...), menstrual issues, genetics, etc, can all be the cause of canker sores...

Right....like that was really helping my pain...so I started searching for medications that may be a fast heal since the stuff we got for cold sore last time didn't work much. After serious searching, I happened to bump into this thing called "Canker Cover" from the CVS site. It is a small pill size disc which is able to stay on the canker sore for 8-12 hours if applied correctly. The stuff contained in the disc can help speeding up the healing process and the gel-like cover, which forms after you put in your mouth, can totally protect the sore from being irritated by food and all sorts of frictions.

Here is the link for the Canker Cover. It is not cheap....(more than 10 bucks after tax just for 6 discs)....but usually one disc is enough to cure one canker sore. (Sounds way too good to be true to me.....but it really worked !!!!!!!) I used two cuz mine was already getting too big, but I can't hide my excitement to find out some of the off counter medication is really as good as the description on the box. I was so thrilled to finally find something that works for me.... (cuz my canker sores can bother me for up to two weeks usually). I would really recommend everyone who may have the same problem. Gee...I feel like I am trying to sell the product on shopping channel or e-bay....lol...

No comments: