Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Doctor's visit

Went to get my physical check up this morning and got a nice pretty doc instead of the 50+ old guy doc. I guess I just got lucky and scheduled the right time. The doctor's office was moving very slowly. My appt was 9, and the doctor didn't get in until 9:30. I did not even get checked out till past 10. (I did get a shot by a nurse for something I wasn't sure if I ever got in the states though...anyway....it's included in the insurance so I may as well get it...)

The doc was totally stunned that I never had any pap test before and asked me if I have a BF. I thought that was a funny question...I guess kids nowadays get BFs and get sex so they better get pap tests ASAP. I wonder if kids here know they should....maybe they do since it's so common in the states anyway. I guess I will just get the test done sometime later since I am old now.

Doctor was suspecting that I have thyroid problems....This is nothing new since everyone thinks I do by looking at my neck. Who knows...maybe I really do have thyroid problems now since it's caused by stress and 1/4 of Asian females have it anyway. We will see what happens in the blood test....but then she wants to do an ultrasound next time I see her in two weeks. The doctor thinks I am funny by the way I talk. I find it amusing cuz I was not trying too hard to entertain her much...(but I guess I was pulling my charming talking side out since I like how she looked and felt)....maybe my social skills hadn't leave me yet even though I don't social much nowadays. It's always good when people think you are interesting I guess.

The blood test station kinda sucked. The person who tried to draw blood for me had hard time finding my vain. She poked around few times and nothing came out so she called another person to help. The 2nd person went "go deeper....ok....move a little bit this side..." while they kept on touching the big vain which they tried to get. (yes...with the needle inside of my arm still...) No wonder they had to give a paper saying they are not responsible for any bruises after blood drawing. oh...and they complained about how slow my blood flows out...dude...I have "condensed blood"...ok? it costs more....right...

Anyway....it's a weird feeling to start going to hospitals by myself. I don't recall ever going to hospital by myself in TW. Maybe that is the reason why I don't bother to go to hospitals at all in US, even when I had insurance from work before. Growing up is such an annoying thing....

No comments: