Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Dental visit yet again...

I had a dental appointment again this morning, and it totally proved something----stress can kill you... I guess no matter how much I don't want to think about it (or how much I tell myself there is gonna be no pain..everything is gonna be smooth.....etc), my personality is that I get stressed over stuff I hate no matter how small a thing it may seem to other people.

I was not able to sleep right last night even though I know the only thing I had to do this morning is to put the real crown on my tooth. I was turning left and right on the bed through the whole night, and Hades biting his foot last night didn't really help much. I don't know what is causing Hades to bite his foot again, but maybe he could sense my stress somehow. I felt terribly tired this morning when I "tried" to wake up. It felt like I was having a hang over....

Anyway.....the dental visit this morning was really nothing compared to previous times. I was only there for one hour and the only painful part happened when they were scratching the cement off my gum. (I would say the dental assistant wasn't all that smooth doing it.) My next apt next Thurs will be a killer though. I am supposed to have one of my wisdom teeth pulled out in the morning and then teach in the afternoon....oh well....dental visits suck.

We had dinner with Theo, Dorcas, Jacob and Chih-Lin last night. I don't remember when was the last time we were able to get together like this. I was quite surprised to find out Theo went back to TW three years ago, when it was the last time I went back to TW too. Time surely passes fast. I still remember how we went to visit Ho-Ching in Hua-Lien together....and now she is dead!!!! Man....the good old times...

Dorcas also went back to HK for two years already. It really does not feel like it since we still keep in touch and look at each other's photos whenever links are sent. It was also funny that Chih-Lin didn't even know Dorcas does not live in LA any more....I guess everyone lives a diff. life now. Chih-Lin is all crazy about working and making money. Jacob does not know where to go yet. Dorcas is heading back to HK end of Aug. Theo is trying to make his debut album in TW.... and I am just doing what I hate the most...teaching....Isn't life just interesting?

I think I really really miss our younger days when we used to tour and fool around together. I guess at that time we didn't worry about what we need to achieve in life but we sure had passion. Passion without the right planning and opportunities really does not happen in reality I guess. Oh well....who knows what will happen in another 5 or 10 years? perhaps all of them will be very successful next time I see them.

No comments: