Thursday, August 23, 2007

When will I see you again?

I have accidentally bumped into some elementary classmates' blogs recently. It's funny how most of our classmates are heading very diff. directions in life. I 1st started reading Scott's blog, who opened a cafe in Taichung after he graduated with his MBA degree from NY. His blog was only alright cuz I kinda knew what he was doing before I read it, but then the pictures with him traveling through various countries was quite fascinating.

2nd I looked at some pictures of Pei-Lun here and there whenever she sends a link or updates her photos on facebook. After she graduates from Columbia, she is now traveling between Dubi and NY quite often (cuz her work from this achitecture firm at NY requires her to do a project at Dubi). That is really a weird place to be for an Asian I thought. Our polite classmate Mr. Kao is now living at Arizona with his training program. I guess we have two classmates who live in desert now? hahahaha.....

Jing-Ting came to visit me at LA last year after she decided to quit her engineering job at Panasonic....that kinda inspired me to quit my pointless and direction-less job at the time as well. She decided to take a year to live in Japan and study the language. She even started a blog describing her life there for the past few months. Living at a brand new country is sure interesting enough to read.

From Jing-Ting's site I got linked to Jing-Wei's blog.....Jing Wei was supposed to come to my wedding but then canceled the plan to go back to TW for a while. She now lives at Vegas cuz she got married to someone who works there. It's amazing how a person who went to China to study (cuz of her family...they run a business in China I think) would end up living in a city about 4 hours away from me. (Oh...yeah....desert again....what the....) Maybe I should really drop by and say hi to her sometime if I go to Vegas again. Don't even remember when was the last time I saw her even though I see her updated photos here and there through our class network.

Few days ago I got this short e-mail from Hu ga....who is preparing to get his license as a doctor in China. (I also have no idea why he would choose to go to medical school there in China....everyone is going to China nowadays since it's where the money is....) He looks quite diff. with the photo he sent me (much much better indeed), and the girl he married to looks like another elementary classmate of ours....kinda amusing...:p I am pretty sure I won't get to meet them any time soon if he stays in China and I stay in LA....but who knows.....

There are others to list of course...but this blog is already getting too long. Recently Joelle moved to China, Dorcas is heading back to HK, and Daniel is also leaving in Sep. I don't know if Jacob will leave end of this year as well, but surely I am saying bye to a lot of people in a short period of time. Have you ever wonder when is the next time that you get to see a certain person again? It may be days, weeks, months, years....or you may never see them again once you say bye. Isn't that just too profound to think about?

No comments: