Thursday, August 9, 2007

Maybe they are really working hard?

Just finished teaching Gloria this morning and she is going back to TW next week too. It's funny how all my students are disappearing in Aug, but then I guess it makes sense too since they are only free during this time when summer school is over. She is also going to pull out all her wisdom teeth, which I can totally relate to since doing that here in LA would be so much more expensive....

My students had been behaving really well for the entire week. I wonder if it's because they have nothing to do than to practice or that I am just having better mood cuz I don't have to teach that much. Tiffany recorded her contemporary piece two days ago, and even though it's not up to my standard yet it's already better than some Cal state Long level. I only wish her GPA at school is better so that wouldn't affect her college application stuff in less than 2 years.

I guess some kids can really show some improvements after their teacher nag at them relentlessly. I have also noticed the kids like to leave me messages on facebook. I get cracked up about how we keep in touch with schedules this way. They even leave me dumb messages when they travel aboard. I can't blame them for doing that though....I mean...who wouldn't want to keep in touch with a "ku" teacher like me who knows all the gadgets they play and everything they do nowadays? :p

No comments: