Thursday, June 14, 2007

Black and Silver....

Our refrigerator really died on us after the repairman trying to save it. He figured it was the motor causing the problem, and would cost like 300 to change the motor so we may as well just get a new refrigerator. I was kinda annoyed about that so I went to the shop and complained to the owner, knowing he would probably just ignore me...

Well...he said I just had a bad luck with a refrigerator which was only one year old when I got it. It happens in life he said, and he was really sorry about that. He was willing to cut me a deal with a new one for 400 without tax and delivery fee if I pay cash. I was thinking....yeah...new one...I am not so sure about that....and I am not so sure if the deal was indeed a deal since he looks like he is from Vietnam (Ok...my racist nature coming out again....I know...it's bad...). Nevertheless I bought it because I was too annoyed of not having a refrigerator to use at home and didn't know where to put everything....oh...and also I liked how he talked....the attitude was quite nice :P

So now I am sitting here waiting for the delivery of our new black refrigerator. In front of me I am looking at the new TV stand Billy just put together last night. Every thing on the TV stand is a combination of black or silver. The vacuum cleaner standing right next to the TV is also black and silver....so are our floor lamp and nice looking trash can....I just suddenly realized I am slowly approaching my dream of having a very futuristic looking living environment. I used to want to make my own place very metallic and cold tone. I think I am half way there but with some nice shades of purple, red, green at home. I think the contrast is good now. :)

Here are some photos of how the TV stand was put together step by step....1st is how the stand looks like with only TV hanging there.

The 1st tier is for one of the speakers, and later on for receivers of the wireless mouse and keyboard....

The 2nd tire is for our DVD and cable stuff....

Here is how it looks like with the computer.....PS II is still sitting somewhere not on the stand yet...

No comments: