Saturday, June 2, 2007

Long Saturday....

I think we did a lot of things today. I got a call from the flower shop in the morning and went to pick up the center piece sample before we went to pick up my car. The flowers didn't exactly turn out to be how I would like it to be, but then I guess it's not that easy to get things perfect with our test tubes, vase, and arrangement. Anyway....it's not too bad if you look at it long enough, and I think it would still be special enough for each person to get their own flower and test tube after the dinner. Here is the photo....

Leo did a pretty good job repairing that scratch on my car door. The only problem is that he gave me a free car wash ..and because of that some minor things which were covered by dust became more obvious. I hope the inspection guy coming on Wed won't give me any trouble and find extra problems....really have to pray for the re-inspection to go smooth or else this repair at Leo's would not be worth it.

We went to Er-ge's place to go through wedding program and run down of the banquet. He seemed to be pretty satisfied with our preparation so far. I guess we will have to fine tune some details but at least we are close to being finished...one more month and I will be free from all of these troubles.....oh...but then there is the interview...sighs..

Ikea was our next stop. We got 28 vases (The ones you see in the photo) cuz by now we have more than 28 guests. It was a big task transporting all the vases cuz Ikea does not provide any packaging with the stuff you buy. We had to steal one of their half cut box on display to successfully get everything back home.

We had dinner around 5 cuz church service is at 6:30. This week we have to go to church Sat night due to my student's competition tomorrow morning. I think this is probably only my 1st or 2nd hamburger of the year. It's hard to imagine how I used to eat Burger king almost everyday while I was living close to USC...just because I was too lazy to cook and didn't want to think about where to go for food. I guess I just had too many hamburgers back then so I don't feel the need to eat those any more when I don't have to. (but then it does not bother me if I have to either...I guess I am really not that picky on food except the stuff I absolutely don't touch)

Pastor Jim was talking about how families and homes should be heaven on earth, and also a haven for everyone. He mentioned how his own family is always the 1st priority for him, even before ministry. He said nobody would be able to manage anything if he cannot even manage his own family. I could not amen with him more. I guess I was educated to think the same way, and I have seen the opposite and know the opposite does not work for me. I just don't think people who don't take care of their families are good testimonies.

I was lucky enough to grow up with parents who put us in the 1st place. I am sorry for those who did not get the same treatment in their families. (I know it's the majority of people nowadays...) I hope there are more people who will take their families seriously in the future, cuz that is probably the only way we can see heaven on earth indeed. I guess everything that we want it to work in life needs our efforts in it....

No comments: