Tuesday, June 5, 2007

What do you mean? I think ALL THE TIME!!!!

I was doing this test from a magazine the other day, and one of the question was "Do you think about weird things when you are half asleep at night?" (or something like that....can't remember the exact wording...) I just thought about that today before I opened up my blog....I am pretty sure I think about weird stuff all the time that is why I always end up writing stuff which are kinda scattered...

I have been watching two talk shows from TW recently. Both of them touch diff. topics everyday so I can stay in tact with whatever is going on with TW. (thanks to our cable service...) What I found interesting is how everyone tries to talk with English words inserted in their sentences. What amuses me even more is how the words they use are often not pronounced correctly. I guess Asian people just love the western world. Majority of the Asian countries are trying to copy Japan which even has a set of characters used for terms from foreign countries.

The talk show I am watching right now is hosted by 沈春華. It's quite amazing how she started as a news host when I was a kid and went on to do other programs till today. In the today they are teaching people how to save money when shopping. There are tips given for buying food and stuff at traditional markets, supermarkets, and other types of shops. I think Clement would really love these tips cuz he is such a stingy kid. I often wonder how we happened to have this kinda kid in the family...hahaha....but it's better than wasting money for sure.

Talking about families...Tiffany was telling me about her dad and family in lesson yesterday again. It was quite sad she even used the word "axx hole" to describe her dad even though later she tried to explain she didn't mean that in a super negative way. (come on...if you have to use that word, then you mean it no matter how serious or not serious you are....)

I guess no matter how sweet a kid is, he/she can still get hurt and turn bitter if they grow up being left out all the time. It's also interesting to see how kids interact with family very differently from how they interact with friends and others. What I notice from kids who have problematic families is that they try very hard to please and blend into crowds, just so they can feel accepted. All I can say is that there are always reasons behind everything.....

Ok...I just jumped through three diff. topics already...gonna take a hot bath and relax my muscle now. The cloudy weather is not helping my muscles... I wonder if it's gonna rain or it's because I am thinking about my students for today....:p

No comments: