Sunday, June 3, 2007

Teaching on Sun...

Teaching on Sun is such a drag, and usually Tiff is the only person who makes me do that. (Or maybe I should say most of the time her mom makes me do that...) I totally over slept this morning so when I woke up it was 9:45 already. I washed up and drove to Tiff's house in 15 min. I was actually on time!!! I guess people who are usually prompt just tend to stay on time no matter what.

Billy went back to his church this morning. He said he wanted to check and confirm the names of people coming to our wedding, but I think he just wants to go back and visit. He finally found a chance to visit since we went to Faith last night. He said he would be done around 11:30 and I knew that was not gonna happen...so that is why I am sitting here writing my blog + drinking my coffee. Oh well...attachment issues which I have don't have a say about.

The flowers we got yesterday are all opening way to wide according to my preference now. I guess flowers are supposed to open up, but I just like the ones that don't go all the way. I think Roses look the best when they are only open slightly. I wonder if that means I do not want life to go all the way to the end....Ok...maybe I am just thinking too much....

We went to order our "square" wedding cake too. I took a very blurry pic of their sample photo so that I can show our flower shop how to decorate the cake. Here is the photo....
The cake will have to feed around 280 people, and we pay for the icing and the ribbon on the cake which was around 105? The cost of the cake is actually included in the banquet charge or else it would be 2 per person if we order by ourself. I think it's crazy to pay 560 for a cake if we do have to buy it ourself... Once again, I am in awe of how much people waste on weddings.

We bought a very cool vacuum cleaner at Fry's. The one I wanted to get before was no longer there so I ended up picking a Panasonic one which I think is a lot cooler. This machine has the "dust detction" function which would adjust the suction power according to how dirty your carpet is. The cleaner is also bagless so it would be easier to clean and won't cost anything for dust bags. I am kinda excited about this new toy we got....at least it's not a waste of money cuz we will be using it for a long time (hopefully).

Cake tasting before dinner was kinda interesting. We decided to have three diff. types of cake and fillings for the three tiers of cake we have. The 1st tier will be rum with cream, 2nd tier marble raspberry, third with mocha something. I can't remember the exact combination so I am just writing whatever I remember....I wonder if the guests will actualy notice they are eating diff. cakes...most likely not...:p

I think Billy is addicted to the vacuum cleaner cuz he has been stuck in the room cleaning for more than 10 min now. I told him we should just do an approx. cleaning for the 1st round and in the future go deeper so the light on the machine will stay green....but it seems like he wants it green right now. I guess I married a very persistent guy indeed. (Or maybe he just likes new toys like I do too? cuz now he is cleaning the nails he cut off with the vacuum too...hahaha)

No comments: