Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Teaching at Home...

Gloria came to our apartment to have lesson this morning. I guess teaching at home when the student can already drive by herself is kinda nice. She was even a little early for her lesson so I was drinking my coffee while I was teaching. (Very good to be on time....nice and polite..) The whole lesson totally reminded me of my lessons back in junior high with Mr. Zheng.

I would go to Mr. Zheng's apartment at Kaohsiung if it's vacation time, and he would always be drinking coffee. He was probably the nicest teacher I ever had throughout my whole life, but then I don't think I remember learning anything in particular from him. I guess kids really don't learn much from super nice teachers.

Tiffany cracked me up last week when she told me "You know...I told my mom I am not gonna like the substitute teacher if he/she is nice..." I was like..."huh? why?" She said "cuz I never really learn anything when all they say is 'good...that is nice...ok...beautiful...go on...' " I looked at her...and said "you know...they are not that nice....they are just liars....hahahahahaha..." Tiffany went "hey....I do play something nice occasionally right?" I answered "oh well...you just said you don't like nice teachers, so what am I supposedly to say now?...." :p

Ok...I got side tracked...I did like my nice teacher back in junior high, even though I didn't remember much of the whole learning period. The point here is....teaching at home with coffee at hand is quite nice :)

No comments: