Sunday, June 17, 2007

Graduation

We went to Billy's cousin Nina's graduation yesterday. The whole thing was super long which made me wonder why people get so excited to go to graduations. I never attended any of my graduations except the high school one, thus I didn't realize how long winded this kinda things can get...

We left home around 3 to have enough time to find parking for the ceremony which was supposed to be at 5. Traffic was kinda crazy cuz it's weekend, and I think the whole town was trying to get to UCLA. We got there and had plenty of time to sit around before the ceremony, and went through the long winded ceremony with boring thesis names. I guess when one is not in the filed you just basically have no idea at all of what they are talking about....

The whole thing finished when it was already past 7. We took photos and stuff...19 family members showed up. (I didn't count....I think this was the number I heard...) This family is pretty tight cuz I see them going to all kinds of occasions together. I am not sure how long I would be able to stand it if I was born in this family. I was only ok with with my cousins since I was the only kid in the family for 6 years till the other cousin was born. I guess it's all good to see cousins hanging out still when they are in college or even when they are working already.

We had dinner at 8:30 at this Italian family style place called Buca Di Peppo. I remember going there whenever I was leaving the country for tours since most of the time my friends would worry that I might not come back to states again. Those good old days....Anyway....it's a good place to go when you have more than 10 people eating together.

It was past 10:30 when we got home. I have to say it's quite tiring to attend a graduation. I think I saved a lot of people trouble by not going to any of my own graduations. It would also be weird to attend when none of my family members were actually around anyway, even though I did have friends....but then I don't like troubling people...oh well...

Here are few photos I took...1st two are where the ceremony was held...The professors were sitting under the shade.

Here are two photos we took with the graduate Nina. The 1st one is Billy's parents with Nina's mom and 3rd aunt. Oh...and...yeah....Nina is that tall...taller than Billy without high heels....I feel short next to all his female cousins in the family....quite crazy...I once thought I am tall...:p



No comments: