Monday, June 11, 2007

I really hate seeing dentists....

My tooth had been bothering me since middle of last week. My gum was all swollen middle of the night one day and I thought I was just having one of those "fire gas big" days. I started to realize I was probably having tooth problem during weekend and thought I would better take care of it before the wedding and our trip.

I had great trouble deciding which dentist to go because of the insurance plan from Billy's company. I ended up going to this DDS called Thomas Wu because he was the only one who I was able to find some rating and comments on line from the list. Last night I only slept three hours due to the fact I decided to go see a dentist this morning. I was just so stressed over this.

I really don't know why I hate dentists so much....maybe because I have terrible teeth ever since I was a kid. Past experience really piled up to an extend that I would choose not to see any dentist unless I am already in pain...and yes....that is often too late....

It turned out to be the tooth that is hurting needs root canal, and the weird thing is I thought that was already done to the tooth back in TW. Of course the doc said it was not done properly and not all nerves were pulled out, and it seems like that is always the case when something is done in TW....very interesting indeed....

The cost of doing root canal for one tooth is 550 and the cost to crown it is 600. Can you imagine that is how much a crappy tooth would cost? I wonder how much will the insurance cover....hopefully at least half of that. I wonder how many of my other teeth are also messed up. It will probably take me several months to fix them all.

I only got my 1st treatment today and hopefully by next Mon the whole process before crowning can be done. The tooth is hurting even more than before because of the root canal procedure. I am really getting annoyed about this. I still hate seeing dentists even though the doc got all excited knowing I am a musician and can't stop chatting with me cuz he plays violin too...(I don't know how he expects me to answer while he was working on my tooth...)

What do we need to have teeth so they can always get cavities? (I brushed my teeth too...and I didn't eat so many candies when I was a kid....why? why? why?) Man I wish I can just pull the tooth out.....I HATE SEEING DENTISTS!!!!!!!

No comments: