Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Stress, Stress, and Stress

I have noticed myself driving without paying too much attention to the surrounding cuz I have too much on my mind recently. I don't know why my brain starts to feel all packed...packed with change of schedules due to students' summer schedules and our trip, upcoming green card interview preparations, and last but not the least... details of the wedding.

All of a sudden everyone (somehow related to the wedding procedure) is starting to ask if we can meet up to discuss details of the wedding...like it's really not my wedding but theirs. I have to say I am very lucky to have friends who want to help so much and actually takes it seriously . We have already had numerous meetings with Jay and William for example, and both of them have busy traveling schedules. Often times I get pressure from that cuz I am actually not too sure what to discuss with them each meeting.

My wedding gown and evening dress finally arrived so I went to pick them up today. Minjee at the wedding salon got all excited that every measurement she made turned out to be perfect. She was so nice that she even "secretly" asked the manufacturer to make the wedding dress ivory so I would like it more. (The originally color was Champagne thus I was worried it would look too yellowish and dirty compared to the guys' shirts. Minjee secretly asked them to use a diff. material so it would look ivory and it turned out quite nice...)

I was very lucky with my dress picking cuz it only took me around 15 min. Minjee was clicking with me alright cuz she also did everything last min on her own wedding which was last year. (and just imagine she works at wedding salon that sells wedding gowns...very ironic...) I had to take the evening dress to shorten it but then that was not too much trouble. I am now all set with the dresses and shoes, even necklaces.

The next thing that shall be worked on will be the program. We will have to print and make them by hand. I am glad Annie is so ready to help out on that too. I hope grand uncle Joseph will be able to give a sermon short enough on the bible verses we picked. Everything would better be done within 45-60 min before the guests start fainting from the California sun.

I have no idea why I still feel stressed even though it seems like everything will eventually be over with soon. People keep on asking me if I will get cold feet the day before the wedding. What kinda of question is that really? I have been cold feet all my life I tell you...sighs.....maybe all the stress will make me lose another few pounds...which would be ok since the dresses don't feel too loose at this point yet. :p

No comments: