Thursday, June 7, 2007

There are still good people around who are faithful

Dorcas wrote me an e-mail today. She moved back to HK since 2006 I think....kinda miss her even though I did not hang out with her much except through tours. She was in a tour with Sammi (鄭秀文) recently and shared with me the pictures. I did not know Sammi is a Christian and thought she just recently converted....but Dorcas told me otherwise. Here is what she wrote me after I asked her....

"According to her sharing, she converted some 10 yrs ago but
was not really a committed Christian until these couple of years
going thru some difficult times in life, she has a much closer
walk with the Lord and studying bible with a group of Christian
artists. She sang "I will follow Him" in concert and she shared
if the Him is the "Lord" or "上帝" then He is the one that gives
me the strength and courage to move on. She did not "bai bai"
during the Chinese incense burning ritual and I told her I prayed
for her on every show even we don't bai bai. She said she won't
bai bai because she's a Christian and we both give thanks to the
Lord back stage and on the celebration dinner too even in front
of many non-Christian which is quite amazing. However, she does
need a lot of prayer to support her especially when she is so famous
in Hong Kong, there is lots of attack from the other side of the spirit.
One day during rehearsal while she was going to sing "I will follow him"
on a very high stage, she almost fell off the stage due to some
technical problem and we all prayed very hard that God will protect her
and save her from this accident. She's ok now, only left some bruise on
her upper arm.

Anyway, the 8 shows was really fun.

Dorcas"

I guess through all those crappy ministry experiences I still got to meet some cool people. There are still honest and faithful musicians and artists who do what they do and remain a good servant of God through their career.

I guess being a good Christian is more a down to earth everyday kinda thing rather then putting up "big and holy" shows for people. I totally appreciates those who can come down from the stage and do the most ordinary things helping out those in need. I think it's much better than trying to climb up the stage and does things which will not last long other then fulfilling one's desire of fame.

Anyway...I was glad to hear from Dorcas and hopefully she will be able to come to the wedding after their shows with Sammi.

No comments: