Friday, May 4, 2007

Continuation of my magic power...

I went to AAA this morning asking if I can cancel my car policy on Aug and just pay for the cost from now on to Aug. Well..after discussing with the agent I decided to just pay the full year amount of 1371 and cancel it later so I won't be charged with any interest rate at all. (I can't cancel it until one week before the lease date anyway.) I guess on this kinda issue I am really not into being all Americanized to do payments and get charged more than what I should. I don't think paying less each time makes sense if at the end you actually pay a lot more with the interests added together.

Anyway....that is not the imp issue here....I 1st told the agent I may have to change my policy later, and then she started asking if the ring on my finger is my engagement ring. Ok...so the whole conversation got carried away and of course at the end she was trying to sell me more insurances. I didn't have time to discuss more about an insurance quote with her since I was trying to run away from her.

As firm as I usually is regarding things I don't really want, I just politely told her I would think about the stuff. She then started to tell me that her husband died 12 weeks ago, and she was really glad she had life insurance covering for her. (Now....sure she was counting each day....) Immediately I was thinking....I better start to go quickly or at the end I would get to know too much of her life story. I would probably get to know her kids and what schools they go to for example....maybe even what they do :p

So she then introduced me to her colleagues and before I noticed it I was saying hi to everyone being the "supposedly happy bride". Man...I tell you....too much sharing of private life really gets me. I now know why everyone is so eager to be a star....just so EVERYONE gets to know what is happening in your life. I am sure that kinda life would definitely drive me nuts.

The other night at dinner, Howard asked me a really good question...He said "why do you have to 'try' to be low key if you are indeed a low key person and nobody pays attention to your life anyway?" Now you see? Only cool and close friends who know the core of my charisma would dare to ask that kinda question. Very ironic I know....

By the way....Mom has been reading our blogs closely ever since she got the websites....really have to be careful what I throw up here while my weird thoughts are just flying everywhere...I have to admit she is quite hip for being able to keep up with us kids. I mean...she is able to use IM, Skype, read our blogs and all those modern stuff kids do nowadays....and she is 50+....pretty cool I guess.

No comments: