Wednesday, May 9, 2007

It goes on and on and on.....

I have never got so many calls from TW before if it's not for the death of Ho-Ching. Jack just called two nights ago to chat about Ho-Ching and life in general. I think the last time I saw him was probably 5 years ago when he took me out for coffee while I was in tour at Taipei. I have never met him once even though he always calls when he returns to LA. I guess I am just not very good at keeping friends for such a long time even when they think we are good friends. Ho-Ching was really the only exception.

Steve called me last night cuz he thought I didn't know about the Ho-Ching incident yet. Last time I saw him was also 4+ years ago....actually with Ho-Ching when I visited Taipei during my last Asia tour. He always talks about coming to LA to visit so we can hang out like before. He was just about to confirm the trip with Ho-Ching last week but got too busy to call and ask. I guess Steve felt really bad about not making the call cuz now there will be no chance again.

It's funny the call from Steve reminded that how he gave me his apartment keys so I could just go find food during lunch time when I had breaks between classes at SC. I guess the best time of my SC era was the last year of graduate school when I bumped into whole bunch of weird engineers and Ho-Ching. Now I just remember even Clement met Steve before and had a ride in his car. I think my mom talked to him on the phone too? Man this is crazy.

Wen (used to be my "grandpa") wrote me an e-mail today. I think I lost contact with him ever since Ho-Ching went back to TW. The whole episode of Ho-Ching and him came back to me as well. I remember how both of them kept on calling me to update the progress of everything while I was on the road to San Diego. I remember how he started to ignore her e-mails and calls while asking me what to do. I remember the BD gifts I got from him and how it was difficult to be in the middle of the situation so I decided to stay away....

Wen told me he regretted not replying to Ho-Ching's e-mails. She even wrote him again beginning of this year. I guess I would never be such a persistent person, but I really admired her for the courage. Maybe I should of stay as a friend with Wen and then things would be diff. She always wanted me to stay as a friend so somehow they two would still be connected. It's funny how he told me he is still single and ask when I am getting married. I wonder how much it would shock him when he gets my reply telling him the wedding is in July.

Somehow I think Ho-Ching's death kinda forced me to link back to my life years ago. Maybe it's her way of forcing me to stay in touch with a few people who were sorta imp in my life back then. Maybe it's her way of reminding me that anyone can disappear any min and I should really treasure those around me. Maybe it's just me thinking too much and she had no intension for any of that....anyhow...I am getting more than I expected out of this whole event of her death.....

No comments: