Monday, May 14, 2007

Weird questions....

Recently I have been thinking about some weird questions. The questions can really just pop up any time any where with everyday life that we go through. A lot of times there is really no answer to the questions but I still ask them just for the heck of it. Very often there is even no need for an answer with my questions, but I still ask anyway.

Yesterday was mother's day. I didn't do anything for my mom except calling her Sat night to wish her a happy mother's day. I guess I am lucky in a way that my parents really just give me unconditional love and don't ask things in return from me. Maybe they just know I am not able to give them much...hahahaha.....but it sure feels nice after I look at many Chinese families.

So I wonder why Chinese parents expect their kids to do things for them in return. Honestly I kinda know the reasons, but I ask that question because I am very lucky to be born with my parents. I have caused them a lot of troubles growing up being a sick kid but I have never doubted that they love me....not with some sort of purpose behind their actions.

Over the weekend we also had some extra expense due to the wedding again. We went to order or wedding rings, and they were kinda expensive. I know I tend to pick expensive stuff, but hopefully that would make us wear it more and stop me from wanting to buy new rings to wear. I wonder why dad doesn't wear his ring... I guess he is committed enough to his marriage he really didn't need to wear it. I wonder where dad's ring is and if he can still fit into it now he gained so much weight. (Billy was kinda planning to get more weight and thinking about buying a slightly larger size for his ring...I just thought that was kinda amusing and worth mentioning.)

We also went to pick the wedding photos yesterday. Billy's mom went with us and she actually didn't say too much for the whole process. I thought we would be able to finish picking the photos within an hour, but it took way longer than I expected...(like more than two hours). I wonder if Billy was more into the photos than I was cuz he picked more than I expected. Maybe it's my perfectionist nature kicking in cuz I didn't want many of the photos when I think they have minor defects.

Oh well....we ended up picking 40 photos and spent more than 2000 on them. I wonder if that is really worth it...but then people said if you don't get wedding photos you would regret later on. Dad and mom didn't have those studio wedding photos when they got married. I wonder if they regret at all....I think photos would really mean nothing if two people don't stay loving each other, no matter how good the photos look. I also wonder how we will look like in 10 years...maybe we should try to get some studio shots again in 10 years...it must be fun then :p

I am not sure how many years people have to save up just to be able to have a wedding. I am pretty lucky Billy is taking care of major expenses for us, but I still feel bad he has to spend so much money just on the wedding alone. I think we can already get a pretty nice car with all the money we have spent till now. I wonder who started this whole wedding thing. Adam and Eve didn't have the ceremony but yet they were made for each other. God didn't say anything about a ceremony being necessary either...I don't know why people keep on saying a ceremony in front of people is biblical....? Oh well...another one of my weird questions...

Anyway...even Tony's wedding is over with....soon shall be ours. I guess not much time is left to get ready for everything. I wonder when I will start to lose more weight again due to the stress. I think the best way of losing weight is to get into a serious relationship and get married....even though I know it does not work for everyone. :p

No comments: